THE END OF TERM ONE

12:31 pm

As I sit here in a coffee shop trying to study for my Math final exam tomorrow, I can’t help but stop and think: “Have I done my best this term?”

Nope. I could honestly admit that no, I definitely have not done my best during my first term as a college student. I could’ve done so much better, honestly — I could’ve participated more during classes, I could’ve studied more and procrastinated less, I could’ve done so much more than just settle for mediocrity. And yes, I have only realized that now that the term is ending. I guess what they say is right — you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone. In my case, it’s my could’ve-been high grades.

I feel like one factor in this is the fact that I have just gotten out of high school. I still have so much more to learn about college life. In high school, it wasn’t a big deal for me if I didn’t study or not — I just always seemed to pass. I know my intellectual capacity is better compared to ~some~ people out there and I’m not afraid to admit it. Why judge me for being smarter than you? Haha. Anyway, in high school I basically just aced most of my tests even if I didn’t study well for it. The key to this is just listen. Don’t do anything else in class, listen to the teacher. That’s one tip I could give you ;) 

Now though, in college, sometimes that may seem to be the case, especially when it’s a subject I’m very interested in (Hi, Zoology) and I don’t have to study that hard for me to pass (just finished our exam for ZOOLONE earlier, it was pretty easy if you ask me). Buuuuut for some subjects *cough* MATH *cough* I seem to have a hard time with it. I have a hard time listening to our professor cause Math is just boring as hell and I dislike it to a whole other level. Of course, there are some Math topics which I seem to be good at, but overall Math is just hell for me. And look at me now, I’m writing a blog post about it instead of studying for it! Hoorah for me! 

Therefore, I conclude, MATH SUCKS. No. Really.

All jokes aside, have I really done my best this term? No. Is there still room for improvement? Yes, of course. There’s always next term where I could do better and learn from my mistakes. I just hope I don’t get a failing grade for our Math this term so I won’t have to take it again. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nice Carolino. Powered by Blogger.